Hanging Instructions for Iksel Vinyl coated wallpapers
1) A good acrylic primer should be used on the surface before applying adhesive. The longer it dries the better.
2) Our Vinyl coated non-woven wallpaper, is easy to hang. It must be hung dry, with adhesive applied only to the wall, not to the paper. In North America we recommend Ultra Premium Clear Strippable Pro 880 adhesive by Roman. One of the many virtues of this adhesive is slow drying time. It will allow you to re-position the panels for perfect connections. In hot weather even this product will dry too fast so it is preferable to use AC. In Europe, you can use Metylan (Henkel) or another adhesive for non-woven wallcoverings.
3) It is important to cut margins very straight so as to have perfect joints. These should be almost invisible. For this you need a large table, a long ridged metal ruler, a cutter and plenty of fresh cutting blades for smooth cuts.
4) When you hang a very dark color run a close dark color all along the edges of the paper with a thin brush. This will avoid seeing a faint white seam after hanging.
5) While the adhesive is still wet, you should push two connecting panels together. This will totally avoid visible seams. A good hanging implies totally undetectable seams.
6) Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is any problem whatsoever.
London: +44 207 351 67 17,
Istanbul: +90 212 287 47 02
Office hours are between 10 am and 6 pm.